Summer is here and the days of picnics, barbecues, and pool parties are in full swing. No matter which party or gathering you attend, it’s a good idea to show appreciation for the host with small yet thoughtful gift.
Maralee McKee of The Etiquette School of America advises that a host gift is something a host or hostess would use while entertaining at home. This could be a future party, or during the week entertaining family and friends. She suggests avoiding flowers, food, and wine—which, for many of us are the typical go-to gifts. The exception would be bringing flowers in a vase so the host doesn’t have to stop hosting to arrange flowers, or food that can be used at a future event, such as a selection of teas for brunch.
If you’re wondering what to bring besides flowers, wine, or food, not to worry! We have compiled a list of six perfect gifts for your next barbecue or pool party.
1. Water Pitcher/Drink Diffuser. This water pitcher and diffuser is wonderful. Your host simply adds their favorite fruit(s), mint, cucumber, or whatever they wish, and water has the wonderfully subtly infused flavor of whatever you’ve added. Refreshing and something that can be used for future pool parties or daily. Priced at $35. Purchase here.
2. Charcuterie Board. This white marble and mango wood cheese/charcuterie board makes a stunning presentation of charcuterie or cheese. We love that it’s hand-carved and hand-finished for a completely unique, one-of-a-kind piece that looks way more expensive than it is. Priced at $35. Purchase here.
3. Serving Bowl. The unique stainless-steel material makes this bowl by Kook very durable and at the same time gives it a clean, sleek look. The double wall make of this bowl, allows for the host to use for both cold and hot items. It is the perfect size for fresh salads, fruits, soups, or chips. Priced at $30. Purchase here.
4. Soy Candle. This isn’t just any candle; this is a limited edition and perfectly themed candle the host is sure to love! Risqué and refreshing – like a midnight dip – the Pool Party candle by Glasshouse Fragrances pulls forth memories of hazy days and sultry evenings with hints of orchid, pink grapefruit, rhubarb, and jasmine. Priced at $55. Purchase here.
5. Curated Gift Box by KADOO. Delight your host with this cozy gift box filled with delightful home essentials. The stylish box includes gourmet all-butter spelt crackers by The Fine Cheese Co., olive flower soy candle with wooden lid by Casa Pureliving.Vignola Extra virgin olive oil by Frantoio d’Orazio. elderberry gummy bears by Sugarfina. Darya Turkish cotton hand towel in classic stripe pattern by La Hammam, and more. Prices start at $97. Purchase here.
6. Stone Coasters.These beautifully designed stone coasters come with six different designs and phrases to help guests feel right at home. We love the beachy, rustic-chic feel of this design, but if you’re familiar with your host’s décor, pick a theme that matches their style. Prices starting at $15. Purchase here.
Any of these gifts are sure to please the host, but they also require a little advance planning by ordering in advance. If invited to a barbecue or pool party with only a few days’ notice, flowers (pre-arranged in a vase) or a bottle of rosé, white, or sparkling wine will do!
You might also be interested in these outdoor entertaining articles.
luxurypools.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.